Wednesday 13 August 2014

Cracking Arm



So recently I’ve been working on a little bust of Wallace and Gromit for my cousin who’s about 9 years old.
I haven’t sculpted these chaps for well over 4 years and coming back to them has felt like a wonderful catch-up with the past.
They’re possibly my oldest friends and sculpting them when I was a kid were my first tentative steps into sculpting. I owe them a lot I suppose.
Anyway, I wanted to make this for my cousin as a spontaneous gift (Because I like to spoil her) but it turned out a little too big for my liking and unfortunately Wallace’s arm cracked during the baking process, plus there were a few other minor minor issues that make me uncomfortable with gifting it to someone.
Damaged goods and all that.
Plus Wallace seems a little….distant and Gromit appears to be thinking “Please…please help me…”
Anyway, I’ve been talked into keeping these two and shall make a smaller, better version later in the year or not as far as that as a Christmas gift for her.




All rights belong to Aardman (obviously)

Thanks for reading, more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment