Friday 29 November 2013

A Private View of You Know Who.

             
Some snaps of the "Doctor Who & Me" Exhibition Launch Night/Private View hosted at the National Media Museum of Bradford which featured some of my sculpted works as exhibits and parts of the Exhibition displays. Something I was deeply honoured to be part of.


(Above: Trying to look cool and composed)

                                      

                                        (Above: Somehow I always look better out of focus)



(Above: Much to my surprise they had used photos of my other Doctor sculptures as part of the show's Timeline showing the different incarnations of the Doctors. Quite a thrill to see when I walked in for the first time)



(Above: And here are some people apparently laughing at the display)


(Above: Toni Booth, the lead curator of the exhibition, talks to the assembled mass of Whovians, thanking us for our dedication and imagination)



(Above: I smile like a loon as an attendant shows me the wonders of a Timelord Torch)


(Above: Some beautiful portraits of the many faces the Doctor has worn. Note the suspicious gap between Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston…)


(Above: Such a what?….Such a what?!)


(Above: An assortment of Daleks)


(Above: The "Hub" of the exhibition. My two figures stand in the bottom alcove of the structure. Not brilliantly displayed I have to say, but nicely lit)

A wonderful night of excitement and emotion. So many talented people in such a small space.
So much love, dedication, obsession and talent on display.
A splendid Exhibition that I feel deeply honoured to be part of.

Photos courtesy of Andrew Wade and Susie Billig. 

No comments:

Post a Comment